Is your dental visit long due? Is the thought of stepping in dental office a nightmare for you? Lets get your facts cleared as to why do you need a dental visit periodically.
What is a dental visit or dental check up?
A routine dental visit involves evaluation of overall oral health. Your dentist will do thorough examination of the teeth, gums and oral cavity.
A dental visit is recommended every 6-12 months predetermined by your dentist depending on the severity of dental issues. Regular dental visits are encouraged as oral health is a getaway to the overall health of patient.
Things to expect in routine dental visit –
- Screening of your teeth for any stains, deposits, damaged fillings, cavity, decay or fracture.
- Evaluation of gum health by looking for signs of inflammation like redness, bleeding, swelling or pain.
- Examining the sites where teeth are missing.
- X-ray for checking any underlying decay, impacted teeth and to know the bone health.
- Checking for signs of symptoms of underlying systemic disease e.g. diabetes, arthritis, etc.
- Oral cancer screening.
- Oral prophylaxis which include teeth cleaning and polishing.
- Follow up for previously done dental treatment.
- Determining the need for any dental treatment.
Importance of dental check-up
As mentioned above dental visit includes through check up of teeth and oral soft tissues.
Regular dental check up will help you to:
- Prevent tooth decay or address it at earlier stages.
- Maintain healthy gums and prevent gum disease which leads to bone loss and ultimately loss of tooth.
- Prevent bad breath.
- Stain free and sparkling teeth.
- Restore function by providing replacement for missing teeth.
- Provide more attractive smile and increase your self confidence
Dental treatment is not expensive, delay is!
Schedule your dental check-up visit at Palm Beach Dental Clinic
We encourage regular dental checkup considering all the aforementioned benefits. All you have to do is call us at 9769624556.
A regular dental check-up visit takes anywhere between 30-60 minutes. In our practice, we make sure to evaluate all your dental issues by our panel of dentists.